I’ve tried out a couple different types different mascara. Better Than Sex by Too Faced | Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte | Buxom Lash Mascara by Buxom | Great Lash by Maybelline.
These mascaras were all on my natural lashes, I don’t use fakes (a little too much for me right now).
I’m going to write a little blurb about each of them, outlining their pros and cons.
- Better Than Sex by Too Faced
- This mascara delivers so well. The formula is AMAZING. It is a beautiful black and adds volume to your lashes.
- You don’t need a lot of this product to work, so I definitely recommend saving money and just buying the smaller size.
- The only downside to this mascara is the brush. I find it a little hard to use, doesn’t work well with my lashes so I use a different brush with the mascara.
- Price: (Full sized): US$23.00 / Travel Sized: US$12.00
- Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte
- This product promises a lot! It’s a 4-in-1 mascara, trying to achieve lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning. However, I think it does a good job with the lengthening and volumizing but I don’t really see any action on the curling and conditioning front. It is really fun to use and I like the formula.
- Again, I had a problem with the brush.
- If you want to try this mascara, I also recommend the travel size version of it. Try it before committing!
- Price: (Full Sized): US$21.00
- Buxom Lash Mascara by Buxom
- This is my favorite mascara! It has been my go-to since I started wearing makeup in high school (just basic eyeliner and mascara haha). It really adds volume to your lashes, it really adds intensity. You won’t recognize your lashes when you’re done applying this mascara!!
- Unlike, the other two, I actually love the brush on this mascara. When I was trying out the other two, I cleaned off my brush and used it with the formulas. It was awesome.
- On the Sephora Website it has the: HOW TO USE section for the mascara. It is still my go-to when I apply this mascara, so I thought I would paste it below for all of you!
- Suggested Usage:
-To avoid dark, messy circles: apply mascara to the top side of lower lashes.
-Lashes are naturally thicker at roots, so apply mascara on tips first to thicken them.
-Sweep on mascara from root to tip to get them truly voluptuous.
-Brush on mascara in thin layers, applying as many coats as desired.
- Thanks Sephora!!
- Price: (Full Size): US$20.00
- Suggested Usage:
- Great Lash by Maybelline
- This is a great drugstore mascara. I do like the brush on this, and it adds a lot of volume to your lashes! It doesn’t dry out your lashes and lasts alllll night long. I really like to pair it with the Buxom mascara or any one of the three above to add a little kick to it.
- The brush is okay, it works sometimes and other times I know it can smell my fear and just doesn’t work the way I want it too.
- Price: US$3.79
I hope y’all enjoyed this post, I had fun writing it!! If you have any suggestions about how I should write these blog posts, or different mascaras for me to try please let me know in comments!! I really like hearing your voices 🙂