I hope your 2017 is going well! I have recently been traveling around and decided to make a post about my MUST HAVES on a trip. I tried to look at my makeup collection and see what was the most versatile, makeup that I could use daily and dress it up when I am going out and about.
** Also I’m doing something new with my reviews, I’m going to add hyperlinks (mainly to Sephora because thats where I get all my makeup from). If you want hyperlinks to other places, such as Ulta let me know in the comments!! **
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion – Original by Urban Decay – I got this primer on sale (for $10) and it is amazing. It keeps your eyeshadow locked onto your eye and doesn’t let it crease at all. The eyeshadow is there till you wipe it off at night.
- If you’re looking for a less expensive alternative, NYX Eyeshadow primer (which you can pick up at your local drugstore) is an excellent dupe!
- Modern Renaissance by Anastasia Beverly Hills – This palette really is worth the money. As someone who is very new to makeup, this palette is one of my absolute favorites and I am so happy it is a staple in their brand. It has amazing colors, the shiny colors like Vermeer and Primavera as well as your reds and the subtle tones. It is perfect if you want to do a burgundy eye, or something bright and glamorous for when you’re hitting the town.
- Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner by Stila – Ever since I got this eyeliner, I have had no need to try a different one. It glide onto your eye perfectly, with or without eyeshadow.
- I have very sensitive eyes, very prone to eye infections (haha probably should not be using makeup) so I do not have any drug store dupes for this one. If you do, leave some suggestions in the comments 🙂
- Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills – I don’t do much with my eyebrows, I already have very thick brows but I like to fill them in with this Brow Wiz. It’s amazing, very worth the price.
- Benefit Cosmetics also has the same product and I know some friends who prefer it to the Anastasia one (US$24.00)
- US$21.00 – Anastasia
- Studio Perfect Primer by NYX – This is one of my favorite primers. It works exactly like the SmashBox primer but it’s so much cheaper and easier to get if you’re near a drugstore and not Sephora.
- If you want a higher end Primer, try Benefit Cosmetics POREfessional. It is also great and works well but when you can get a great, cheap primer why spend the coins? (US$39.00)
- Born This Way Foundation by Too Faced – I loved my Lancome 24Hr foundation but decided it was time for a change. I decided to see if Too Faced was up to the hype and let me tell you…it was. This foundation is perfect for dry skin, it gives off a dewy look and it such a wonderful experience to put on. Really happy I made the switch! It’s creamy and goes on smooth.
- HD Photogenic Concealer Wand by NYX – Sometimes, I get red spots on my face and need something to help my concealer. NYX is probably my favorite drugstore brand and they have an amazing color corrector. Would definitely recommend trying out!
- Radiant Creamy Concealer by Nars – My ride or die concealer. I love this formula so much, it is really creamy and fixes up my blemishes in one quick fix. It is also amazing for doing contours.
- Contour Kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills – This powder contour kit is amazing! It is really easy to use and there is a little guide on the Sephora website for a contour guide for any newbees like me. I would definitely recommend.
- Lip Lingerie “Exotic” by NYX – It’s a beautiful warm mahogany red that stays on your lips for most of the day. Its creamy and matte but be careful, it does dry your lips a little bit. It looks amazing on everyone who wears it and plus, it’s super cheap!
- Lip Lingerie “Ruffle Trim” by NYX – A cinnamon pink, I think it’s very similar to Kat Von D’s “Lolita II” or MAC Cosmetics “Velvet Teddy”. Wonderful formula, like said above and I would definitely recommend adding this to your nude collection.
- Posie K by Kylie Cosmetics – A pinkish purple, this shade is definitely my favorite between this one and Pumpkin. It is wonderful and very versatile, works for the day or the night. Using it with the lip pencil, it stays on all day – though, it can be a little drying so be careful!
So that’s it lovely people, that’s what I take when I’m going on vacation! I hope this helps and if you have any comments or questions feel free to leave them below.
Have a lovely day 🙂