Hello Lovely People!
I have decided to do a comparison between Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kits and NYX’s Lipstick Lingerie. I wanted to start off to say, that these are both FANTASTIC products…but as you can see, there is a HUGE price difference between them… which theoretically means that the more expensive one should be a lot better right?
In this case, they are both pretty similar to each other. Except one costs about $30 dollars and the other is around $9.99.
NYX Lipstick Lingerie:
- Coats: 1 or 2 – this does not need much to go onto your lips. It is super easy and glides on like a dream! 5/5
- Comfort: Be careful this can be a little drying! I usually reapply one coat mid day if I plan on wearing it the entire day. Goes on very creamy. 4/5
- Transfer quality: It does come off on my coffee cup (Rarely am I found without one in my hand) so be warned! Usually, I apply Too Faced Lip Insurance to help with that. However, even though it comes off on my coffee cup, it does stay on your lips. 3/5
- Use a makeup wipe to take it off when you’re done with it!
- Or Water
- Finish: Matte
King Kylie’s Lip Kits
- Coats: I use the lip pencil and then one coat of the lipstick. It is very creamy and glides on nicely on top of the pencil. It also goes on nicely if you decide to forgo the pencil. 5/5
- Comfort: Because this is a matte finish, it can be drying! I completely take off the liquid lipstick and pencil before reapplying it once or twice – depending if I want to wear it the entire day. 2/5
- Transfer Quality: Because of the pencil, this lipstick doesn’t bleed! It barely comes off on my coffee cup (which is a blessing in disguise really). I still use the Lip Insurance with it sometimes, so I do recommend investing in something similar. 5/5
- Definitely use a makeup wipe to get this lipstick off, water does not work. 3/5
This is just a quick analysis of the two lipsticks. I do recommend them both, if you are able to splurge on the Kylie ones and are able to find a color you really like, I definitely recommend purchasing one. (She does do free shipping and sales every now and again!)
But, since they are both very similar in formula and type, it is easy to find dupes for some of the Kyle Kits. 🙂
*In case anyone was curious, here are the Kylie Kits I own and the Lipstick Lingerie ones*
- Posie K – Pink
- Pumpkin – Brownish/Orange (Very similar to Kat Von D Lipstick (or Liquid Lipstick) Lolita II
- Exotic – Red
- Embellishment – Light purple
- Lace Detail – Nude
- Bedtime Flirt – Pinkish Nude