In honor of this palette being sold out on the Anastasia website and at Sephora (I believe), I decided to do a review of it.
As a beginner in makeup, I do not have much experience however I am going break it down in different categories.
- Packaging: Beautiful box, magnetic closing and clean mirror that is really easy to use. (Compared to the Natural Eyes palette by Too Faced, this mirror is much better)
- Brush: 2/5 – I don’t use the brush that it came with.
- Blend-ability: 5/5 – Super easy to blend together and to get into the crease.
- Matte Colors: 5/5 – You don’t need much on the brush, one or two sweeps across the eyelid and the color is solidly on the lid.
- Non-Matte Colors: 4/5 – The darker colors (NYC, Muse, Kim, Marina, Paris, Bronx and Claudia) show up more on the eyelid or on top of the matte base. The lighter colors (Hollywood, 5th Ave) take a little more convincing to get on but they are very easy to blend in (Or you can use Mac Fix Plus to get the extra sparkle)
- Wear-ability: 5/5 – These colors are mostly neutral, except for Bronx (Green) and Claudia (Blue). However, I find myself drawn to this palette almost every day, the light colors (Hollywood, 5th Ave, Marina and Paris) are wonderful for a day of classic eyeshadow, the burgundies (NYC, Muse, Violeta) can be used to create a darker burgundy eye. Isabel (Orange), and Lula (dark beige) can be used a transition color or base color.
Overall, this is a wonderful palette. If it does come back into stock I highly recommend it. It is super easy to use, and the colors are fantastic. I often mix this palette with my other Too Faced on. It is so much fun to use, I really hope Anastasia comes out with another palette like this sometime soon!
Final Say: 21/30
Thanks for reading 🙂